Have you every noticed how there seems to be an over-abundance of certain things on the market? Take ice cream for example. At my local supermarket, there is an entire freezer (one aisle long) dedicated to ice cream. There must be at least fifteen different brands. Each brand has at least five varieties. Ben and Jerry's probably has like, twenty. When I was kid in the early 80s I think there were like three brands at the supermarket, and the flavors were vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate (and mint chocolate chip, if you were lucky).
On a similar note, why does it seem like there's a bank on every block in town? And not just big name banks, but little guys (local banks, too). Why the abundance? I mean, why hasn't online banking and the financial crisis diminished their presence? Same thing with pharmacies. Seems like every corner has a Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, or maybe even an Eckerd. That's not to mention the pharmacies INSIDE the supermarkets. What's the deal?
No comments:
Post a Comment